Michael Moreci and Nathan Gooden have created a violent, righteous, and all-around fun character in Owen the Barbarian. Owen’s reluctance in fighting for the side of good (in a very bloody fashion) paired with his quick wit and exasperated attitude to it all makes him a compelling character to read. His visual design is striking with a mane of hair comparable to a lion and a permanent scowl across his face. Complimenting the Barbarian is the magical axe of consciousness and essentially Owen’s boss, Axe. Axe is a skull on the back half of a massive battle axe that craves blood and righteous vengeance. Axe’s design is over the top and creates a fun dynamic between the two.
- Comic Hunting- Long Box Diving Adventure
- Superhero Deaths Will Continue Until Morale Improves
- History of Heroes Reborn #2 : Heroes Reborn Captain America
- It’s Extremely Uncanny List of my Favorite Comics of 2021
- It’s An Extremely Uncanny Holiday Special: Doug’s Christmas Story aka The Trial of Porkchop